Carden Place Medical Centre is a large purpose built health facility which opened in October 2006.
We provide a full range of medical services in a friendly environment and are also heavily involved in teaching students.
Queen’s Road Medical Group (QRMG) was established in 1990, with the coming together of the two-man “central surgery” and the single-handed “Forbes” practice. The surgery was based at 6 Queens Road, a ground floor west end property with three consulting rooms; providing care to the expanded patient list based in the centre and west end of Aberdeen. The practice also operated a branch facility out of 172 Victoria Road in Torry.
In 1992 further expansion took place, when Victoria Street Surgery amalgamated with QRMG. This allowed development of the Torry surgery, upgrading the facility to fully staffed premises offering patients in Torry a much improved facility.
In May 2003 the Torry Branch surgery moved to purpose built premises in Oscar Road, this finally provided the people of Torry with a health facility fit for the 21st century.
Queens Road Medical Practice became Carden Medical Centre after the transfer of Torry patients to Mary Esslemont Group (who are now known as Torry Medical centre), and the transfer of their patients from Foresterhill Health Centre to Carden. This move allowed both groups of patients to enjoy an improved level of care from fully staffed purpose built health facilities.
The Practice now
The practice covers most of the area in and around Aberdeen. The boundary extends northward to Great Northern Road, including Tillydrone and Seaton, along the Beach Boulevard, south to the River Dee. From here it tracks west (excluding Cults and Kingswells). Finally, it comes back along the Lang Stracht and down through Northfield, Heathryfold, and Manor to Great Northern Road.
We aim to offer a high standard of clinical care in a well-managed practice and remain proactive in the face of continued change. We envisage a “one-stop-shop” which covers all aspects of general practice – eg. community nursing, health visitors etc.
The ongoing strategic vision of the Carden Medical Centre is laid out in more detail in the Mission Statement
Our Mission Statement:
"Helping you achieve fitness health and wellbeing"
- provide high quality and accessible clinical care, supported by effective and efficient systems, within available given resources
- research and utilise all available appropriate resources (financial,personnel, premises & IT) and use these effectively and responsibly for the good care and benefit of our patients and forward development of our practice;
- promote an environment that encourages professional development,life-long learning, reflective practice and the ability for all to realise their full potential.
We will demonstrate:
- openness, mutual respect and support, encouraging personal empowerment while always valuing others;
- a healthy balance between our personal and professional lives;
- our willingness to embrace change positively and proactively;
- the continuous pursuit of quality